We love color, but when you’re using it in large amounts it’s important to find balance.
6 Tips to Finding Your Header Chi:
1. Separate large blocks of color with white or black negative space so they aren’t a visual overload for the user. If the overall aesthetic is complex and hard on the eyes, it’s likely not going to get communicated (i.e. they aren’t going to read it)
2. Colorful, vibrant product imagery can be powerful, but don’t let users miss out on the packaging. In this case, the packaging provides a nice minimalist color balance to a very ornate puzzle. Showing the puzzle with the box tells a more clear brand story.
3. Don’t use 300px of screen height to explain something you can do in 1 line. Utilizing large amounts of color means simplifying everything else where you can (Find your brand Chi!)
4. The key to finding balance is building a content hierarchy that drives action. Keep it simple and to the point. Beautiful image, clear headline, simple & accessible action.
5. Make user engagement easy by ensuring your key actions are full width on mobile, and sit at the bottom of the fold. If action buttons are short and in the middle, or too far to the left/right, they can be difficult to reach on mobile devices.